The Society for Neuro-Oncology will hold its 18th Annual Scientific Meeting and Education Day in conjunction with the 4th Quadrennial World Federation of Neuro-Oncology Meeting on November 121 - 24, 2013 at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in San Francisco, California. DC.
A total of eight $1500.00 scholarships* will be awarded at the discretion of the International Outreach Committee for each of the following geographical regions (one per region): Central America & the Caribbean, Central and Southern Africa, China & associated countries, Eastern Europe, Far East and Australasia, Indian Sub-Continent, North Africa & the Middle East, and South America.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE JULY 1, 2013
In order to be considered for one of the travel scholarships, the applicant must meet the following guidelines:
- Work and live outside the United States or Canada
- Be a medical professional with a focus in neuro-oncology
- Could otherwise not attend without the benefit of a travel scholarship
- Is not the presenting author of a poster or giving an oral presentation at the SNO meeting
- Have no visa issues entering the United States (SNO cannot provide visa assistance other than providing a letter of invitation)
- Complete accompanying application (click here) and return by July 1, 2013
Applicants will be notified via email by August 1, 2013 if their application has been for a scholarship.
SNO will provide and arrange complimentary registration to the entire meeting and hotel accommodations. The award winner will be responsible for arranging air transportation to and from the meeting, as well as any airport transfers.
*The award in the amount of $1500.00 USD will be presented to the winning applicants on-site at the meeting in San Francisco, CA