19th Annual Scientific Meeting and Education Day of the Society for Neuro-Oncology
November 13-16, 2014 · Loews Hotel South Beach Miami
Make plans now to attend the 19th Annual Scientific Meeting and Education Day of the Society for Neuro-Oncolgy, to be held November 13-16, 2014, at the Loews Hotel South Beach in Miami.
FOR REGISTRATION OR TO PURCHASE A GALA DINNER TICKET, CLICK HERE.
PRELIMINARY PROGRAM NOW AVAILABLE! TO VIEW, CLICK HERE.
FOR POSTER AND E-POSTER GUIDELINES, CLICK HERE.
FOR INFORMATION ON INDUSTRY SUPPORTED SYMPOSIA, CLICK HERE.
KEY PROGRAM ELEMENTS and SCHEDULE
- Wednesday, November 12, 1:00 pm-7:15 pm: Neuro-Oncology Review Course (see more information below, additional registration required).
- Thursday, November 13, 8 am-5 pm: Education Day "Metastasis to the CNS: Biology and Consequences" which includes concurrent Quality of Life Sessions focused on Neurologic Rehabilitation, Pediatric Survivorship, and Caregiver. Sessions will utilize shared speakers and separate, audience-specific speakers (optional: additional registration to main meeting).
- Thursday, 7-9pm: Welcome Reception for all registrants.
- Friday, 7 am-9 pm: Sunrise sessions, invited speakers, abstract presentations, poster displays.
- Saturday, 7 am-7 pm: Sunrise sessions, minisymposia, invited speakers, abstract presentations, poster displaysSunday, 7 am-12 noon: Sunrise sessions, abstract presentations.
- New presentation formats: in addition to oral platform and traditional poster presentations, this year's meeting will include an electronic poster (e-Poster) option.
- Late breaking abstract submissions are allowed for studies in progress. For more information on this submission category, click here.
- Click here for e-Poster guidelines.
- Click here for traditional printed Poster guidelines.
SPECIAL ABSTRACT AWARDS
- Young Investigator awards are available for submissions from young faculty who are within the first 5 years of a faculty appointment.
- Travel Scholarships will be awarded to fund travel to the European Association of Neuro-Oncology (EANO) or Asian Society for Neuro-Oncology (ASNO) meetings.
NEW NEURO-ONCOLOGY REVIEW COURSE
On Wednesday afternoon, prior to the official opening of the 2014 meeting, SNO will be offering a new Neuro-Oncology Review Course. The course was designed for practicing physicians, residents and fellows, medical students, nurse practitioners, nurses, and all those interested in reviewing and enhancing their knowledge in the principles of clinical neuro-oncology. This fast-paced half-day activity organized in cooperation with American Academy of Neurology will provide high quality education and CME credits for all participants. Selected topics to be covered in the course include:
- Management of primary CNS tumors
- Chemotherapy in neuro-oncology: principles and practice
- Pediatric neuro-oncology highlights
- Metastatic disease in the nervous system
To register, click here.
CNS ANTICANCER DRUG DISCOVERY AND DEVELOPMENT CONFERENCE
November 12-13, 2014, prior to the our Annual Scientific Meeting and Education Day, in Miami, FL. The Conference, organized by academic and pharmaceutical industry scientists and physicians, is intended to improve drug discovery and development for primary gliomas (pediatric and adult) and tumors that metastasize to the CNS. It will provide education and networking opportunities for scientists in academia, government, and the pharmaceutical industry that will foster greater collaboration and, thereby, improve patient outcomes.
Space is limited - to register, click here.