This theme is intended to fit the needs of most associations.
REMINDER: To edit and work on the site you will need proper permissions. So, make sure you are logged in to see all the site has to offer: /login
Here are a few highlights:
- Stories are used for the main home page rotator as well as rotating sponsors in the sidebar. You can see the stories located here: /stories/. By using "tags" you can determine where a story is visible. For example, stories tagged "rotator" will be featured on the home page rotator, and stories tagged "sponsors" will be visible in the sidebar sponsor area.
- Boxes are used as content areas on the home page. You can see all of the boxes used on the site here: /admin/boxes/box/ In addition if you "roll over" a box on the home page an edit box will appear at the top. This will allow you direct access to change the text.
- Events are ususally the most used feature of an association website. The home page features both a list of upcoming events and also a box that will show the next event chronologically. Simply add events to the calendar and they will appear on the list with the most recent showing first. Here is the overall event calendar: /events/month/
- News is a list on the home page of news items in reverse chronological order posted. You can search and see the full list of news here: /news/ Simply add news items and watch them show on the list. /news/add/
- Business Directories are a great way to list sponsors, partners, paid buisness listings or other associations. You can add business directories here: /directories/add/ The business directory logos will be dynamically shown on the home page in the carousel just above the footer.
- Job Listings are a fantastic way for associations to make money. The home page featues a dynamic listing of open positions. Simply add jobs to the job board and the listing will show on the job board and most recent added will show on the home page. To add jobs click here: /jobs/add/
- Rich Media, your association can't live without it. You can add photos and videos to your site and they will feed dynamically to the home page. To add photos go to the photo albums: /photos/set/latest/ To add videos use the video module (you will need to use YouTube or Vimeo videos): /videos/
- Editing your Navigation is pretty easy. You can find the navigation here: /navs/ or just click edit on the link that appears when you are using the navigation.