The Society for Neuro-Oncology announces a Neuro-Oncology Review Course as part of its educational programs for 2014. Taking place on November 12th at the Loews Hotel in Miami Beach, FL, and preceding the SNO Annual Scientific Meeting and Education Day, this fast paced, half-day activity, organized in cooperation with the American Academy of Neurology, will provide high quality education and CME credits for all participants. The faculty of the course, selected from the top neuro-oncology programs in the US will offer a comprehensive overview of clinical neuro-oncology. In addition to the course syllabus, participants will receive a set of multiple-choice questions that allow for consolidation of the acquired material and help them prepare for the specialty boards.
- Primary adult brain tumors, overview of pathology, grading and prognosis – Peter Canoll, PhD, Columbia University
- Management of primary CNS tumors – Nicholas Butowski, MD, University of California, San Francisco
- Principles of radiotherapy in neuro-oncology and its side effects – Helen Shih, MD, MPH, Harvard University
- Chemotherapy in neuro-oncology: principles and practice – David Peerboom , MD, Cleveland Clinic
- Pediatric neuro-oncology highlights – Sonia Partap, MD, Stanford University
- Metastatic disease in the nervous system (solid tumors and hematologic malignancies) – Maciej Mrugala, MD, PhD, MPH, University of Washington
- Systemic cancer-related neurologic disorders – Joachim Baehring, MD, Yale University
- Medical complications in neuro-oncology patients – Katherine Peters, MD, PhD, Duke University
CHAIR: Dr. Maciej Mrugala, University of Washington, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Requires separate registration (not included in the SNO meeting registration packages).
To register, click here.