Again this year, the Society for Neuro-Oncology will allow authors to submit their Late-Breaking research for consideration for the 2018 scientific meeting program. SNO recognizes that some rapidly advancing investigations may include results that will not be available at the time of the abstract submission deadline of June 4, 2018.
Please note that only a limited number of abstracts (not to exceed six) from this Late-Breaking category will be selected for oral presentation at the meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana. Authors should note the following important information before submitting a Late-Breaking Abstract:
- Late-Breaking abstracts will be considered for oral presentation only.
- Late-Breaking abstracts accepted for oral presentation will not be included in the printed abstract supplement to Neuro-Oncology, and will be published electronically.
- Late-Breaking abstracts not accepted for presentation will not be considered for any type of presentation format (poster, poster discussion or oral) and will not be part of the annual meeting program.
- Late-Breaking abstracts will not be considered for awards.
This category is not intended to offer a second deadline for regular abstract submissions.
In order for an abstract to be considered for Late-Breaking Abstract status, the submitting author must:
- Select the “Late-Breaking Abstract” category button in the abstract submission program.
- Submit an abstract, including the objectives and methods but excluding the results and conclusions of the research, by the regular submission deadline of June 4, 2018. Include any information that supports the potential for late-breaking impact, and the date of planned analysis for the abstract.
- Submit a final Late-Breaking abstract (with updated data) by September 1, 2018. If an updated abstract is not submitted by that date, the abstract will be automatically rejected.
Authors will be notified within two weeks of the September 1st deadline if their abstract has been accepted for presentation.
The embargo for accepted Late-Breaking abstracts will lift at 7:00 AM (EST) on the first day of the scientific meeting, Friday, November 16, 2018. These abstracts will be made available at: https://academic.oup.com/neuro-oncology.