SNO MEETING MONITORS PROGRAM
2019 SNO Monitors Program for Neuro-Oncology Trainees
UPDATE JUNE 10: ALL POSITIONS FILLED
The Society for Neuro-Oncology is seeking session monitors for all educational program and scientific platform sessions to assist co-chairs, faculty, and SNO staff as outlined below. SNO will provide complimentary registration fees to the meeting and education day and a 2020 SNO trainee membership (either new member or renewal) to those who volunteer for this unique opportunity.
Please note that a limited number of positions are available and applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis. Scroll to bottom of page for application.
- Trainee (student, resident, fellow, post-doctoral)
- Has not previously served as a Meeting Monitor
- Trainee or sponsor must be willing to cover all travel, food and lodging costs
- Trainee must be able to arrive on Wednesday, November 20 (by 4:00pm) and depart Sunday November 24 (after 2:00pm)
- Trainee must have sponsor letter documenting trainee status and willingness of sponsor to cover all travel, food and lodging costs for entire duration of meeting (11/20/19 to 11/24/19)
- Trainee must be willing to accept and attend ALL assignments throughout the course of the meeting
- Trainee must provide reliable contact information that can be used both prior to and during the course of the meeting
- Trainee must be fluent in English
- Trainee should be comfortable with mobile technology (apps, internet, cell phones, iPads, etc.)
Tasks may vary day-by-day and hour-by-hour depending on need. Monitors will serve a maximum of 12 hours during the meeting (spread over the entirety of the conference); at all other times they will be free to attend the conference as usual.
This program offers an excellent opportunity to network with other students, residents, fellows and post-docs at the meeting. Monitors may also choose to include their participation as a SNO monitor on their CV.
Other benefits include:
- Acknowledgement in the on-site meeting program
- Complimentary 2020 trainee level membership in SNO, which includes subscriptions to SNO’s official journals, Neuro-Oncology and Neuro-Oncology Practice
- Complimentary registration to the 2019 SNO Annual Meeting and Education Day
- CME credit for attended sessions
To apply for the SNO Monitor Program, interested individuals must complete the Program Application. The applicant's supervisor must also complete and return the Eligibility Confirmation form. Return both by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 713-583-1345 by August 2, 2019.
To download the Program Application, click here
To download the Supervising Faculty Confirmation Form, click here