The Society for Neuro-Oncology offers a wide range of resources for those involved in the research and/or treatment of patients with CNS malignancies. Current membership benefits include:
- Annual subscription to SNO's official journal, Neuro-Oncology
- Annual subscription to the bi-monthly publication Neuro-Oncology Practice
- Complimentary access to the online publication Neuro-Oncology Advances
- Free online access to current and back issues of Neuro-Oncology through the Oxford Academic Platform
- Discounted publication fee for accepted manuscripts to Neuro-Oncology and Neuro-Oncology Advances
- A steeply discounted registration fee for the Society’s annual meeting, which attracts over 2600 neuro-oncology professionals and 1200 abstracts of cutting-edge research each year
- An “e-blast” list announcing conferences, new publications, position openings, webinars, and other educational and academic items of interest
- Annual subscription to the SNO Update, a semi-annual newsletter of interviews, updates and news shaping the neuro-oncology field.
Levels of membership in the Society for Neuro-Oncology
$485: Full membership for 2020 (includes print and online subscriptions to Neuro-Oncology and Neuro-Oncology Practice). An applicant for Full Membership in SNO must have a demonstrated professional interest and/or practice which includes neuro-oncology. Full Membership is open to clinicians, researchers, industry professionals, nursing professionals, foundation personnel, and all others whose work focuses on CNS tumor treatment or research.
$95: Trainee membership for 2020 (includes online subscriptions to Neuro-Oncology and Neuro-Oncology Practice). Trainee memberships are available to those actively engaged in entry level scientific or clinical training (residency, fellowship, etc.) with a focus on CNS tumors and who do not hold faculty appointments. No individual shall remain a Trainee member for longer than five (5) years. Note: trainee memberships are not available to industry or pharmaceutical partners.
$125: Emeritus membership is available for members of SNO in good standing for 5 (five) consecutive years who are 65 years of age or older, or by special dispensation of the membership committee. Includes print and online subscriptions to Neuro-Oncology and Neuro-Oncology Practice.
Student memberships are available at no cost to medical students, graduate students or undergraduate students enrolled at accredited institutions of higher learning who are working towards their first professional level degree (including MD or international equivalent). Includes online subscriptions to Neuro-Oncology and Neuro-Oncology Practice. Each applicant for Student Membership shall file with the SNO Administrative Office a current CV), resume, or other documentation which confirms such enrollment, as well as providing faculty confirmation of such enrollment. Click here to download the faculty confirmation form . No individual shall remain a Student Member for longer than six (6) years.
Dues are applied on a January-December calendar-year basis. Dues paid on or after August 31 of any year will be applied to the journal subscriptions for the following year (e.g., dues paid on Sept. 1, 2020 will be applied to a 2021 membership). All other membership benefits are activated immediately, including the ability to register for the annual meeting at the reduced member rate.