Adult Fellowship Match Educational Webinar
“Applying for a Neuro-Oncology Fellowship: What You Need to Know”
Thursday, December 14, 2023, 7:00pm ET
On behalf of the Chairs of the Adult Fellowship Match Committee of the Society for Neuro-Oncology, we are excited to announce an educational opportunity for residents applying to a Neuro-Oncology Adult Fellowship Match program. This free live Zoom event will be held Thursday, December 14, 2023, at 7:00pm ET. A recording of this event will also be created and posted on the Neuro-Oncology Academy website.
Potential applicants will hear from a panel of Fellowship Program Directors and Fellows from diverse institutions regarding the expected timeline and general guidelines of the SF Match application process, as well as their experiences and FAQs regarding the process. Participants will also be provided with an opportunity to ask their specific questions from the panel. We hope you can join us!
- To provide practical education for residents applying to a Neuro-Oncology Adult Fellowship program regarding required timelines and expectations.
- To improve communication with residents by offering an opportunity to ask questions related to the application process to Fellowship Program Directors and Fellows who have gone through the process.
- To expand the outreach of this educational recording by creating an enduring material to post on the SNO Neuro-Oncology Academy to allow for future access for residents.
- Alissa Thomas, University of Vermont
- Shiao-Pei Weathers, MD Anderson
- Nimish Mohile, University of Rochester
- Maciej Mrugala, Mayo, Scottsdale
- Elena Pentsova
Recently Matched Fellows:
- Julien Rousseau, MGH
- Alyssa Lucas, Cleveland Clinic
- Kaleigh Fetcko-Fayad, Duke
- Toni Qian Cao, Stanford
Fellowship Program Administrator Representative:
- Introduction and Review of timeline and general guidelines of SF Match Application Process
- Shiao-Pei Weathers and Nimish Mohile
- Panel Discussion with shared experiences and FAQs
- Program Directors, Fellows (recently Matched and more established), and Fellowship Program Administrator