The Women and Diversity Committee & The Community Neuro Oncology Committee Presents:
Barriers and Solutions to Equitable Access for Brain Tumor Survivors
Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 12-1:30 PM ET
The Society for Neuro-Oncology is pleased to present the Women and Diversity Committee webinar. Registration is free and limited to the first 1,000 participants. All SNO webinars are recorded, so if you miss one, you will be able to view it on-demand through the Neuro-Oncology Academy.
Please email [email protected]
for technical issues.
On behalf of the Chairs of the Women and Diversity Committee and the Community Neuro Oncology Committee of the Society for Neuro-Oncology, this webinar will focus on solutions to the barriers and disparities in access to specialized care for survivors of brain cancer.
The webinar will consist of three presentations: one from a healthcare professional and caregiver with a focus on patient advocacy, one from a clinical researcher with a focus on cancer survivorship and healthcare delivery, and one from a clinical cardiologist with a focus on cardiovascular consequences of cancer care.
- To discuss the patient and caregiver experience regarding barriers and disparities in longitudinal access to specialized care for survivors of brain cancer.
- To review models of care, and barriers and disparities to equitable access to care, in cancer survivorship.
- To review experience and data regarding barriers to access to specialized oncocardiology care in cancer survivorship.
- J. Ricardo McFaline-Figueroa, Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Sajeel Chowdhary, Lynn Cancer Center/Marcus Neuroscience Institute
- Rochelle Prosser, Founder, Orchid Healthcare Solutions
- Michelle Mollica, Deputy Director of NCI Office of Cancer Survivorship
- Michelle Johnson, Clinical Director of Cardiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center