The Society for Neuro-Oncology (SNO) and members of the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) Section on Neuro-Oncology are pleased to announce the 2nd Annual Neuro-Oncology Fellow and Early Clinician/Investigator Career Retreat on Monday, November 9, 2020, and Tuesday, November 10, 2020.
SNO and the AAN have a history of supporting careers in neuro-oncology. SNO and members of the AAN present the annual career retreat as part of their commitment to the future of neuro-oncology and the specialists who will create it. This course includes a comprehensive exploration of issues of importance to early career neuro-oncologists in the clinic and in the laboratory. This program was designed with both clinical and laboratory professionals in mind; we encourage fellows and early career faculty from any related neuro-oncology specialty to participate.
If you are a Fellowship Director, Division Chief, or Leader in Neuro-oncology, please encourage your fellows and early faculty to register.
To view the preliminary program (subject to minor changes), please click here.
- Optimize a job search following fellowship and post-doctoral training
- Explore different work settings (academics, industry, government)
- Learn about attending life – do’s and don’ts – for neuro-oncology, medical oncology, radiation oncology, neurosurgery, and laboratory investigation
- Attend discussions about financial aspects of neuro-oncology practice
- Virtually network with peers and senior neuro-oncologists
Registration is free and open to SNO members
for this two-day event. Attendees will have to register for each day that they would like to attend.
Register for Day 1 – Monday, November 9, 7:00-9:00 PM EST
Register for Day 2 – Tuesday, November 10, 6:00- 8:30 PM EST
Once registered, please note that on Day 2, there will be concurrent, breakout sessions after the main presentation. Concurrent sessions 2 and 3 will require separate links to join, which will be provided to registered attendees.
- Concurrent Session 1: Neuro-Oncology and Medical Oncology Attending Life (attendees stay in the webinar)
- Concurrent Session 2: Neurosurgery and Radiation Oncology Attending Life
- Concurrent Session 3: Independent Laboratory Investigator Life
Scott Plotkin, MD, PhD - Massachusetts General Hospital
Milan Chheda, MD - Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
Gavin Dunn, MD, PhD - Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
Paul Kongkham, MD - University of Toronto
Sylvia Kurz, MD, PhD - NYU Langone Health
Eudocia Lee, MD, MPH - Dana Farber Cancer Institute
Jennifer Moliterno, MD - Yale School of Medicine
Maciej Mrugala, MD, PhD - Mayo Clinic Arizona
Ganesh Rao, MD - Baylor College of Medicine
Roy Strowd, MD, MEd - Wake Forest Baptist Health