2023 Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Research Conference
June 22-24, 2023
Capital Hilton, Washington DC
Submit Abstracts Here
Abstract Deadline: Monday, February 6, 2023 11:59pm EST
The SNO 7th Biennial Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Research Conference will be held June 22-24, 2023, in Washington, D.C. at the Capital Hilton.
Building on the success of our previous pediatric meetings, this biennial conference encourages the sharing of ideas and results, new collaborations and offers attendees a state-of-the-art update in the field of pediatric brain tumor research. The scientific program will offer outstanding keynotes, panel discussions and abstract presentations on a range of timely themes shaping the future of pediatric neuro-oncology. Topics the conference will include developmental origins of pediatric brain tumors, novel approaches in cancer neuroscience, artificial intelligence, and machine learning, focused ultrasound/drug delivery, diversity & inclusion, novel immunotherapeutic findings, clinical trial reports, and single cell approaches to decipher molecular landscapes. Conference participants will also have opportunities to present their work — and to learn about advances made by others — through short oral presentations and scientific posters selected by the abstract review committee.
Who Should Attend
Pediatric neuro-oncologists, medical oncologists, neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists, radiologists, physician/scientists, clinical and laboratory trainees, and allied health professionals.
- Define how Artificial Intelligence and machine learning approaches can leverage big genomic data sets in cancer biology towards new discoveries.
- Summarize the interactions between normal cells of the nervous system and cancer cells, and how they drive tumor initiation, progression, and provide new targets for therapy.
- Explain importance of deciphering the developmental origins of pediatric brain tumors, in order to develop future therapeutics and prevention approaches.
What To Expect
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – Co-Chairs: Tab Cooney and Cassie Kline
- Focused Ultrasound – Chair: Javad Nazarian
- Immunology/CAR T Cells – Chair: Eugene Hwang
- New Approaches to Drug Delivery – Co-Chairs: Joelle Straehla and Praveen Raju
- Cancer Neuroscience – Co-Chairs: David Gutmann and Michelle Monje
- Models of Pediatric Brain Tumors – Chair: Marcel Kool
Conference Scientific Co-chairs
- Lectures, Q&A sessions, posters and poster discussions
- Live activities to earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and CME Certificate
- NEW - Welcome Reception at the Social Room
- Opportunities to engage with industry and nonprofit partners
- Accepted abstracts to be published in SNO's flagship journal Neuro-Oncology
Mariella Filbin - Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Boston Children's Hospital
Eugene Hwang - Children's National Hospital
Lindsay Kilburn - Children's National Hospital
Exhibit and Support Opportunities
This conference presents a unique opportunity to promote your organization to this highly specialized group of interdisciplinary professionals. SNO is pleased to offer a variety of support opportunities with a range of price points to fit most any budget. Click here
for the exhibit and support prospectus. For more information on how you can help move the needle in pediatric research and help improve children's outcomes, contact [email protected]